Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. How much deposit do you require?
- A. The Initial deposit is $250 and should be made to Moonlight Mobile Music.
This deposit (prepayment) books your date on our calendar and applies to your total balance.
The remainder is due at least one week prior to your event or, if you prefer, you may pay it earlier.
We accept cash or check.
- Q. Is tax included?
- A. Yes.
- Q. Do you have a contract?
- A. Yes. A contract is just good business for both parties. It spells out pertinent details of our agreement such as date, time, location, price, etc.
- Q. Is it appropriate to tip the DJ?
- A. If you feel your DJ has delivered exceptional service, then absolutely. As in any service industry, tip for exceptional service and base your gratuity on your level of satisfaction.
- Q. When do you need my pre-planning information?
- A. At least two weeks prior to your event. Also, we like to have a personal meeting with you at this time to discuss details and any last minute changes which have been made since our previous conversations.
- Q. Are you a member of any professional organizations?
- A. Yes. Moonlight Mobile Music is a member of the American Disc Jockey Association (ADJA).
- Q. What kinds of music do you have?
- A. We have a music library of thousands of songs. They range from traditional classical wedding music, easy listening, big band, Motown & oldies, country, current radio hits, hip-hop, dance mixes, line dances and more.
- Q. Can I pick out the songs I want for my special dances?
- A. Yes. Or, if you like, we'll be pleased to assist in making your selections. We have lists with numerous song suggestions for the First Dance, Father/Daughter Dance, Bouquet Toss, etc.
- Q. Can you provide music for our ceremony?
- A. In many cases we can. However, in situations in which the wedding is at one location and the reception at another, we may not be able to. Discuss your plans with us and we'll be able to tell you in advance.
- Q. Can you provide a CD with our reception music on it?
- A. Sorry. Copyright laws prohibit us from making CDs for our clients.
- Q. Will you make announcements at my reception.
- A. Yes. Our service always includes making the announcements.
- Q. None of your packages seem to fit my exact needs. Can you design a custom package for me?
- A. Yes. Discuss your specific needs with us and, in most cases, we can give you a quote in a few minutes.
- Q. Can you help with my wedding/event coordination?
- A. Yes. We have a staff member who is very experienced in the wedding/bridal field and she will be pleased to assist at your reception. Please advise us at least two weeks prior to your event that you will be needing her services. In many instances, there is no additional charge for this service.
- Q. How far will you travel?
- A. Our major service area is Tennessee, North Alabama and North Georgia. However, we are not limited to these areas and we normally do not charge travel fees. For extended travel from either our Nashville or Chattanooga offices, travel fees may apply. We'll tell you in advance.
- Q. Will you dress appropriately for my wedding?
- A. Yes. Unless requested to dress otherwise, we dress in "business" attire (dress slacks, dress shirt, tie, dress shoes)
- Q. Will you conduct yourself properly at my wedding or event?
- A. Absolutely! Our DJs never use alcohol or tobacco while on duty. Also, there will be no bad language or tasteless jokes. You can depend on your DJ being polite, sophisticated and professional at all times.
- Q. Do you use professional grade equipment?
- A. We use only professional sound and lighting products. Major professional brands such as Electro-Voice, Peavey, Crown, Chauvet, Martin, American Audio, Digital Reference, Behrenger and others are in our equipment inventory.
Have other questions? We'll be pleased to answer them. Just give us a call at 931-205-3509.